There are loads of opportunities to get involved with Glamorgan Family History Society.
Even if you cannot regularly attend one of our local Branch/Group monthly meetings at:
- Aberdare – 1st Friday in the month
- Aberkenfig – 3rd Monday
- Cardiff – 1st Tuesday
- Pontypridd – 3rd Tuesday
- Merthyr Tydfil – 2nd Tuesday
- Sully – 3rd Thursday
- Swansea – 2nd Monday.
or our Aberkenfig Resource Centre – which is open every Wednesday (except Bank Holidays) 10.30-3.00
there are ways to get involved on at a Society, Branch or individual level.
All our Branches will have projects with which they will need help eg in transcription, indexing or checking.
Branch Committees need volunteers from Chair, Secretary and Treasurer to someone to make a cuppa – please let them know you are available. There are often frequent exhibitions and community activities where an extra pair of hands is a great asset.
Society Officers & Trustees:
Society Officers: Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary & Treasurer.
The Executive Committee comprises the Society Officers plus FIVE Committee Members/Trustees.
Officers and Trustees are elected annually at the Society Annual General Meeting.
The Six Branches also elect a Branch Trustee to represent each branch on the Executive Committee.
We have the following Volunteer vacancies – these are not Society Trustees:
- Membership Secretary – supported by a team of four – the Membership Secretary is a vital part of our Society administration and the first person that many new members meet on joining. The role involves the processing of membership subscriptions from both new members and those renewing each year.
- Publications Assistant(s) – to administer our booklet and CD sales
- Assistant Treasurer(s) – the Society Treasurer would like to develop a finance team – roles to include administration of the Gift Aid.
- Marketing Coordinator – to lead a Marketing team which will include updating of the Facebook, Twitter and Blog pages – so if you have relevant Marketing and/or social networking skills and experience please get in touch.
- Projects Coordinator – Society projects involve the transcription of various original records and the role of the coordinator is to oversee the requirements of each project and to identify volunteers to help undertake the project.
- Website Team – Our Website Coordinator needs a team to help with the development of our new website – if you have the relevant skills to be part of this team please get in touch.
For more information please contact us. Many of these roles do not necessarily need local volunteers but can be undertaken by members worldwide.